Here are some of the effective and best yoga exercises to bring down your excess weight. Before going to the details of postures in Yoga, let use closely examine how yoga exercises for weight loss works on the body to remove the excess fat. Each yoga exercise for weight loss when practiced, makes a direct or an indirect effect on the internal organs of the body. These yoga asanas are also recommended for the diabetic patients which will help to produce the necessary insulin in the body. Obesity or excess weight is the fat accumulated in the abdominal area because of the lifestyle or for the people who work for long hours by sitting continuously.
For the Practice: Yoga Asanas Online recommended to use a good yoga mat for doing these Asanas and exercise. Make sure that the coldness of the floor is not affecting your thighs when you lie or sit on the mat.It is also better to spread a thick blanket below the yoga mat, in case if required. Here are we suggest some best yoga exercises and Asanas for weight loss:-
Asana 1: Paschimotthasana: Seated and Forward Bend Posture
- Sit on the mat with your legs straighten in your front. Place knees and toes together. The feet shall be straight with the toe pointing upwards
- Keep the spine straight without any slighter bend
- Inhale slowly and raise your arms over the head, palm facing the front
- Exhale slowly and bend forward, at the abdomen
- After bending to the maximum possible, try to touch the toe with your fingers. It is more beneficial if the toes are wrapped using your index and middle finger. While wrapping the toes, bend your hands in such a way that the elbow touches both sides of the knees. Try to rest your head on the knees. This may not be possible in the beginning stages, but gradually you will be able do it.
- Try to keep the spine straight to the maximum extent possible, even while bending
- Increases concentration of the mind
- Balances the life force in the body because the lower back becomes flexible
- Stretches the spine and legs
- Massage for the digestive organs, especially the abdomen
- Relieves stomach from constipation
- Stimulates the nervous system
- Full stretch for the backside of the body from the heels to the head
Tips / Instructions: Don’t worry about time duration nor take any strain. It may take some time to remain in the final position, but gradually you can do it easily.
Asana 2: Trikonasana : Triangle Pose (Standing Asana)
How to do Trikonasana
- Stand erect on mat by keeping your legs at least two feet apart
- Raise your arms and stretch them wide on both the sides,at the level of shoulders. Now your arms must be perpendicular to the floor.
- Turn your right foot towards the right side. Left foot too must be turned, but a slight turn.
- Exhale and bend slowly towards the side, at your abdomen, towards your right side keeping the knee straight.
- Try to touch the right toe / side of the right feet, with the right hand fingers.
- Bend your neck slightly towards the right side as if it somewhat touches the right shoulder.
- Raise your left arm now, so as it appears to be the continuation of the right arm touching the right feet.
- Breathe normally.
- This is the final posture for the right side. Remain in this posture for a comfortable duration.
- Inhale slowly, raise your heads, come back to the first posture and repeat the same on the left side.
- In this case, left hand fingers has to touch the left toe and right arm is in the air similar to the previous posture with left arm.
- Practice the Asana 3 or 6 times on both sides.
Benefits of Trikonasana
- Spine is strengthened because of the lateral movements in this Asana
- Good to sit for meditation with increased concentration
- Tones and massages the nerves of the spine & the abdominal organs
- Stimulates the appetite by smoothing the bowel movement
- Relief from constipation
- Makes the body feel lightweight